Saturday, April 12, 2008

No more nomads!

So this is a brief rant and totally off the subject of Malawi. Nomadic education is the subject of my "Integrative Project" for my M.A. and has become the bane of my existence. I certainly am not gleaning any inspiration from Malawi, which happens to be one of the more densely populated countries in the region.

Can I just have my M.A., haven't we done enough?!?!?

So here I sit on weekend writing. Writing about nomads. Writing about nomadic girls. It's fantastic.

After about a month of not working on this paper, I am not exactly sure what I still need to write. I mean, I know what I still need to write, but I don't know how to say it. My train of thought has been seriously stalled.

My only consolation is that my friends here at the lodge are going to take me to the paper making factory this week when I finish so we can see how they make elephant dung into paper.

6 comments:

Kash said...

Ha, I wish I had a consolation as cool as that.

OHmommy said...

My kids would LOVE that fieldtrip. :)

lefobserver said...

HI FROM GREECE.
I 'M 10 YEARS OLD.
PLEASE,
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF MALAWI AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
lefobserver.blogspot.com

Phil said...

So some papers are literally shitt*? hahaha. Hang in there honey there the paper will be a distant memory soon enough.

Kash said...

So, how is that dreaded paper coming along?

Little Chef said...

Is the paper done yet? We're missing our daily Tiwonana dose in the rainy part of the West coast!